Rules for Entering and Submitting Images
This is a free contest that is open to all ages. To enter, please submit your photograph(s) by 5:00pm on Monday, September 12, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following entry info: your name (last, first), address, city, state, zip code, age, phone number, e-mail address; title and description/caption of each photograph. Digital images received without the entry information may not be judged.
1. A maximum of five (5) photos may be entered by each photographer. If more than 5 photos are inadvertently submitted, only the first 5 will be considered in the judging.
- Please save your digital files and submit them using your first and last name and a number. For example, sharynsakimoto1, sharynsakimoto2, etc.
- Photos can be emailed directly to email@example.com, or delivered on one CD to the City of Tustin Parks and Recreation offices at 300 Centennial Way, Attn: Smile, Tustin! by Monday, September 12 at 5:00pm. CDs delivered to the city must include an informational sheet with your name (first, last), address, city/state/zip, age (if over 18 “adult”), phone number, email address, title and description or caption. Encoded digital image information will be checked to ensure that the image was taken within the contest time-period. Be careful to check the internal clock on your camera to make sure it is set correctly before shooting!
- All photos must be taken within North Tustin or the city limits of Tustin.
- Required format for each photo: digital only; 2048 x1536 pixels or larger jpeg (at highest quality) and less than 4000 x 3000 pixels; no RAW images. Photos will be cropped to a 5×7 print, so keep that in mind when preparing your files (no square images).
- E-mailed entries will be acknowledged with an e-mailed confirmation upon receipt.
- Entry discs will not be returned.
- All judging decisions are final.
- Contest is open to all legal residents of the U.S.
- Photo categories: Tustin by Day, Tustin by Night, and Summer Fun.
- Winners will be selected on the basis of originality, style, creativity, photographic excellence, visual impact, artistic quality, degree of difficulty, overall photo quality, and content (capturing a moment).
- All photos must be taken within the allotted time period from 6:00pm Friday, September 2 to 6:00pm Monday, September 5 (Labor Day).
- Photos will be displayed at the Tustin Old Town Art Walk on Saturday, October 15, 2016.
- Winners will be notified by email. Ribbons will be awarded to the winners and a cash prize will be awarded to the Best in Show winner.